The Story of Thursday Night Motocross
4/4/17We've spent most of 2016 building a first ever TNMX video dedicated to the 50 years of our history.
This 40 minute film will be presented for the first time ever April 13th. Will be old and new riders, sponsors and friend attending and more importantly - it's about a community you've all helped build. Once the tickets are reserved they are gone and you'd have to wait and see it on social media the following week.
2017 Point System Modifications
3/29/17A new point system (modification) rule will take effect at TNMX beginning opening day, April 20th.
HIGH POINTS MOVE-UP MODIFICATION
- A Rider will have the opportunity to be "moved-up positions" in the High Point Series final award points IF he / she competes in the (minimum) required 70% of the season races AND has at least 50% of the total points available in the specific class (50cc Beginner, All Junior & All Intermediate).
- Maximum points available in the Junior class is 60 before a Rider reaches a mandatory move up to the Intermediate skill classes.
- If the Rider(s) in 4th, 5th or 6th position in points has a minimum of 30 (50%) points at the season end (September 21st) and the rider(s) in 1st , 2nd or 3rd in High Points do not have the mandatory 70% in attendance to qualify, the Rider(s) next in line with 70% attendance AND 50% of the specific class will be moved up into those positions.
- If a rider is moved up under this new provision and WINS the High Point Championship (1st) that rider will be moved up to the next class division / level for the following season (i.e. Junior to intermediate).
- Series High Point award payout will remain at 33% of the season class average attendance with a maximum of 3 positions (1st – 2nd – 3rd).
- Maximum points allowed prior to mandatory move-up in Beginner is 36 and Junior is 60.
This system has been modified in an effort to ensure TNMX will be able to award the maximum level of Series High Point Awards at the end of the Season.
We believe this change will have an positive impact on riders / families that support TNMX - but will be considered a "working rule" in that, TNMX management will have final say on any / all unexpected issues that may arise from this new rule modification.
- A maximum of 3 exhibition races per rider / per class will be allowed during the season.
- Riders racing under the exhibition rule will not be awarded points, award plaques, moto-bucks or other event specific awards.
- Riders racing under the exhibition rule will be awarded attendance specific to the class they are racing in.